1) breast milk provides the perfect nutrition for infants.
2) breastfeeding promotes binding between mother and baby.
3) breast milk contains immunities to diseases and acids in the development of baby’s immune system.
4) breast milk is more digestible than formula.
5) breast milk is always ready and comes in a nicer package than formula.
6) suckling helps mother by helping to shrink the uterus(womb) after birth.
7) breastfeeding helps the mother lose weight after baby is born.
8) not breastfeeding increases the mother’s risk of breast cancer, ovarian cancer.
9) breastfeeding decreases maternal chances of osteoporosis later in life .
10) breastfeeding is a natural contraceptive.
11) breastfeeding protects baby from diarrhea.
12) breastfeeding results in less sick day for parents.
13) breastfeeding enhances vaccine effectiveness.
14) breast milk is free and breastfeeding is economical.
15)breastfed babies are healthier overall.
16)formula feeding is associated with lower IQ’s.
17) breast milk is the perfect food for a sick baby.
18) there is more sleep for mum, dad and baby.
19)fresh breast milk is never contaminated with bacteria.
20) better cognitive and social development.
21) and lastly breastfed babies smell fantastic
I could go on but I promised 21 🙂 keep breastfeeding!!
Florence Folami, Lori Fey .101 reasons to breastfeed.St mary’s hospital, Decatur illnois.
So this day at the clinic, I saw this baby and what attracted me to her was the reddened peeling skin with rashes, I was quite sad because that would be very uncomfortable for the child. I later found out that it was as a result of the baby oil the mother used which was fake (can you imagine??). It got me thinking that even if the oil wasn’t fake there are cases similar to this which doesn’t involve fake products. The chemical used for most of the baby products in the market are not mild on their skin. The best products doesn’t have to be the most popular or most expensive ones in the market but the ones that contain natural and water based ingredients which are Hypoallergenic (that is causing causing few or no allergies).
There are natural products such as essential oils, Shea butter, coconut oil which can be used for baby’s skin. They are good and have few or no reactions. I recently found a brand with hypoallergenic products for baby skin and I decided guy to share. The brand is Dudu Osun and their products include :
The Moisturizing lotion
After service one Sunday, I went baby hunting( love babies) and I carried one of my babies, I perceived a very nice odour went to ask the mum what she used for the baby and I discovered it was the Dudu Osun moisturizing lotion .
It contain Shea butter, camwood extracts, and coconut oil derived triglycerides. It absorbs easily, non-greasy , smells good a mix of the coconut oil and the shea butter and it also moisturizes the skin which is one of the most important things in baby skin care.
The Shea butter
This is pure Shea butter no additives , its saves the stress of trying to identify the real or fake Shea butter in the market. Shea butter has a lot of uses such as prevention of skin irritations, I use mine for my natural hair. The best part is mummy and baby can use it.
The black soap
The soap is made from pure honey, Shea butter, camwood, aloe vera, lime juice. The natural constituents makes it good for baby’s skin and you have lesser reactions.
These products are very affordable and both baby and mummy can use it.